The Mission of Faith United Church is to encourage and support each person’s unique journey of faith.
We are an accepting community seeking to enhance each person’s unique journey of faith. We draw sustenance from Biblical tradition, contemporary wisdom and one another in open inquiry. Inspired by the Spirit and guided by the teachings of Jesus, we strive to support one another, our community and beyond.
STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS FOR 2014-2018
- The hallmarks of Faith’s identity are questing for spiritual understanding and caring for one another.
- All of Faith’s activities should provide opportunities to explore different ways to develop spiritually through: worship services, reflections, talk-backs, theme studies.....
- Kids’ Quest will continue to introduce spiritual concepts to children through Bible and other stories, music, drama and crafts.
- We plan to focus our energy on doing what we do and doing it the best we can. It is our expectation that people will be attracted to the welcoming warmth and openness of our community.
- Faith’s future will not be burdened with the responsibility of maintaining a traditional church building, however we will continue to be vigilantly aware of new development in Kingston East where appropriate worship space might be available.
- Faith will communicate with the community primarily through word of mouth. As well, we will use our web-site, social media, periodic newspaper ads and invitations to participate in our activities.
- Faith’s ordinary operations should be financially self-sustaining. Other fund-raising activities and appeals should be for one-time projects, out-reach activities and helping others.